Mayor Ronnie Johnston, Mayor Pro-tem Kenneth Morgan, Council members: Hawnethia Williams, Josh McKelvey, Michael Whatley, Anthony Henderson, and Susie Keck, City Manager Leigh Anne Knight, City Clerk Audra M. Gutierrez, and City Attorney Frank Turner, Jr.
1. Call to order, invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.
Mayor Johnston to administer the Oath of Office to new Covington Police Officers Ryan Barrett and Christian Jimenez.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on December 17, 2018.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
5a. Approval of an application for a license for alcoholic beverages for Beer and/or Wine Retail Amenity only for:
Southern Heartland Art Gallery 1132 Monticello Street
6. Discussion of Language Access Plan.
7. Discussion of CNG prices.
8. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington dealing with Industrial Growth Rider.
9. Discussion of proposals for Grant Writing/Administrative Consultant.
10. Discussion of Amendment to the City of Covington Defined Benefit Plan.
11. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
“AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISION OF TITLE 2 OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF DELETING SECTION 2.48.010 (MANDATORY RETIREMENT AGE FOR CITY EMPLOYEES) OF CHAPTER 2.48 (RETIREMENT), TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.”
12. Discussion of request from Newton County to permanently close a portion of Hunter Street.
13. Discussion of Miscellaneous Appointments.
14. Discussion of Mayor Pro-tem Elect (Council member Keck).
15. Public comments.
16. Comments from the City Manager.
17. Comments from the Mayor and Council.