|Natural Gas Project Manager|
|Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience.|
Job FLSA Status
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating multiple activities associated with operation and administration of the Covington Natural Gas Distribution System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists the Utilities Director with various administrative tasks associated with gas project maintenance and construction.
• Collects data and prepares reports concerning annual gas surveys and PSC inspections.
• Develops replacement procedures for gas meters, regulators, correctors and other apparatus used in the distribution of natural gas.
• Manages the maintenance of equipment inventory and replacement parts.
• Assists the Utilities Director in the monitoring and maintenance of the CNG station.
• Establishes CNG station revenue goals via development and implementation of various marketing activities. Identifies customers, makes contacts and prepares plans for CNG use.
• Coordinates staff attendance for operational and safety training for the natural gas system.
• Achieves system operation objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; assisting development of standard practices; identifying system apparatus needs and trends; create and implement asset management plans.
• Supports regulatory compliance objectives with state and federal agencies by coordinating, monitoring, scheduling and reporting; initiating actions to maintain compliance.
• Attend and participate in Natural Gas industry meetings and other educational opportunities.
• Provides information regarding the City’s natural gas system to key account representatives.
• Responds to natural gas customer complaints.
|Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(A) Thorough knowledge of Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Planning, and Inventory Control.
(B) Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, materials, equipment, tools, hazards and safety practices involved in the construction, operation and maintenance of gas pipelines and apparatus.
(C) Considerable knowledge of gas meters, regulators, appliances and equipment.
(D) Considerable knowledge of gas piping codes and ordinances; knowledge of streets and geography of city and location of utility lines.
(E) Skilled in the use of tools and equipment common to gas pipeline construction and maintenance.
(F) Ability to analyze gas system and apparatus and loading.
(G) Ability to define and establish operational practices compliant to regulatory practices.
(H) Ability to communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
(I) Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with customers, public and coworkers.
(J) Ability to plan, organize and/or prioritize assignments and work activities.
|Education and Experience:
(A) Bachelor of Science Degree
(B) At least fifteen (15) years prior natural gas construction and operating experience, a minimum of ten (10) years of which shall be with a municipal, other public gas system or investor owned utility. Must meet OPS qualifications requirements within 1 year of employment.
Job Computer Skills
|TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Motorized vehicles, manual and powered hand tools, computer, and standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near noisy equipment and is frequently exposed to wet, humid, dry, hot, cold, and dusty conditions. The employee may occasionally work in high, precarious places and may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
City Of Covington Department