Covington Municipal Court
The Covington Municipal Court provides a local forum for the resolution of minor traffic infractions, some misdemeanors, parking citations and city ordinance violations issued within the city limits of Covington.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone: 770-385-2141 Fax: 770-385-2198
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the city government. Municipal Court Judge M. Qader A. Baig, appointed by the Covington City Council, oversees the Court’s operations. Stephanie Finnie is the Court Clerk.
Probation cases are handled by CSRA Probation Services. If you are currently on probation, you may contact them at 678-625-0055.
CSRA Probation Services is located at 2147 Pace Street, Covington, GA (Morgan Plaza).
NOVEMBER 2023 SCHEDULED HEARING DATES
DECEMBER 2023 SCHEDULED HEARING DATES
Most dates have 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. sessions with other scheduled times during those sessions.
HELPFUL NUMBERS & LINKS
- Newton County Jail: 678-625-1400
- Newton County Superior Court: 770-784-2035
- Newton County Probate Court: 770-784-2045
- Newton County District Attorney: 770-784-2070
- Georgia Department of Drivers Services: 678-413-8400 or https://dds.georgia.gov/
- State of Georgia Approved DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Programs: https://dds.georgia.gov/certified-dui-schools-location
How to Reach the Courts
The Covington Municipal Court is located at: